Sunday, July 7, 2013

From the kitchen

I like to spice up the way I cook and prepare beans. Below are some of my recipes that I have discovered. I hope you enjoy trying these out!

Garbanzo Bean Flour Pizza Crust

Ingredients fill a 10 x 16 pan. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line pan with parchment paper

Ingredients:
2.5 cups of garbanzo bean/chick pea flour
2 cups warm water
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. red pepper, garlic powder, basil, parsley, oregano (I use 1/2 tsp. each to add a kick to my crust)
generous amounts of black pepper

Stir in ingredients until smooth. Batter will be extremely runny. Let stand for 30 mins.

Pour batter in the lined pan, will still be runny after the 30 mins

Bake for 15-20 mins until crust is cracked

Add selected toppings and bake an additional 15-20 mins


Red and Black Bean Salad

Ingredients:
1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup diced radishes (approximately 10)
1 diced medium tomato
1/2 c diced celery
1/2 diced sweet onion
1/2 cup Hendrickson's Original Sweet Vinegar and Olive Oil dressing (can substitute Italian dressing)


Black Bean Soup

Servings - 4 medium bowls 

Ingredients:
3 15 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained
3 8 oz. mild Rotel tomatoes - do not drain 
1/2 diced sweet onion

Stir in ingredients into a crockpot and let simmer for 4-6 hours on low

Ingredients for salsa topping:
1 small lime, squeezed
1 large diced tomato
1/4 cup diced cilantro 

Cut up ingredients and place in separate bowl, squeeze lime juice and stir









No comments:

Post a Comment